Re: Client binaries

> I'm sure that we will find a way to prevent such things.  But we must work on
> the client and server *now*.  Once we have a fully-working game, we can deal
> with this kind of problems.

I do a lot of client coding for Paradise (Netrek II).  We don't use RSA
or any other protection scheme.  So far, it hasn't been a problem.  Most
of the people with the ability to code have been sucked into the
development process.

Netrek, on the other hand, has become a static game.  There is nothing
left to do except build better borgs.  Hence, they need protection.

One thing that helps in both cases though is the strong dislike of those
who are found using borgs.  Someone found using a borg would be banned
from that server, his friends wouldn't talk to him, his girlfriend would
break up with him, and his dog would pee on his leg.

As long as coding continues on Crossfire and it is made clear that borgs
are frowned upon, there shouldn't be a problem.

--Bill