No Subject

In message <9405250509.AA11722@nova.gmi.edu>, akshay srinivasan writes:
>Are there any patches for the PARTY system so that a bunch of us can go on que
>sts and share the experience and the money (give xxxx coins to yyyyy command).

Smurf here at Berkeley is working on the party system.  He's revised it
to add flexibility.  I should encourage him to finish it up.  Everyone else
leave the party system alone, until smurf's done.  :)

>  Also will the characters have skills so that the guilds can then be useful.

We're currently arguing about that.  Jump in.

> Why can't players weild 2 weapons instead of a shield and a weapon.  Just som

because nobody has done it, and it might not be a good idea....

(oh, heck, i should have added shields to encumbrance of spells.  Well,
it's not too late....)

>e things that would be nice to have.  I am trying to hack the drop command so
>that players can drop a specific number of items from a stack of say 3000 plat
  Stop!!! Stop!!!!  This is already DONE!!!!!  You CAN do this RIGHT NOW!
you type the number, and then use the mouse to drop that number of whatever.

>inum.  I think this is why players wont play in groups as there is no easy way
> to share expeirience and money that is made in the quest.

  The party system that is currently in crossfire works fine for sharing
experience.  As a matter of fact, it works SO WELL, that one member of
the party can hang around the home town, and sit around, and gain experience
from other players' kills.  (That'll get fixed soon, i hope.)

regards,

PeterM