Re: Some questions

> Hello,
>
>    I would like to store the login id and host name of each player in the
> player file.  Are there variables in the player struct that allow me to
> do this?

Like Mark already said, you can get host, but not login id. You
could try identd, but most sites aren't running it, so it doesn4t
help very much.

>    We have encountered two scenarios that crashes the server:
> 1. When player drop a lot of items

I have never seen this before, but I can test it if I can
reproduce it.

>    I would like to look into implementing 'infrared' feature.

The display code is probably the hardest part. If something like this is
implemented I would like see also the moving light sources if those
can be implemented efficiently.

>    Is anyone thinking of implementing a lock archetype?  This would allow
> it to be attached to door and chest.  It is also the first step to allow
> each player to have his/her own place to store their inventory.  Oh, I
> think there should be a container chest type, use for storing large number
> of treasures and does not disappeared.

Have you checked chest2 or deposit_box archetypes? Those are used in
a new bow shop (behind the gate). It just what you want. I already
made bank map where players can save their money, but never send it to
Mark (not enought testing). I try finish it before next version
(hopefully :).

  -Tero