Re: Scale

In message <9503301537.AA10599@pluto>, Ken Woodruff writes:

>Mark writes:
>>  Scale:  This is true.  The problem is what is a decent solution?
>> Obviously, it should take much longer to walk between towns than shops.

Obviously?  The question we should be asking, is:  does it make the
game more fun if we add realism here?  I mean, who is going to ENJOY
slogging through boring countryside more than he has to?  If you guys
make it painful to travel city-to-city then I'M going to set up
for-a-fee teleportation booths in the major towns.

>If we want some small reflection of the differences from traveling from city t

I think having outdoor-appearing maps is enough.

>I think adding a scale attribute to maps is a good start--once it's there
>code can start to make use of it.  I can envision eventually adding modes
>of transportation to the game that affect a players speed at different

What happened to client/server?  It didn't seem done in 91.7.

Regards,

PeterM