Re: CF: how's "chance of learn skill" calculated

On Dec 8, 11:23pm, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: how's "chance of learn skill" calculated
> [Maciej Kalisiak]
>
> >   Yes!!! The same question ran through my mind a million times by
> >   now. I used to try to kill tougher monsters by running in, hacking
> >   like crazy, running out, healing, running in, etc... Never killed any
> >   big monsters this way. I think they do heal. This definietely belongs
> >   in any newbie information. Can anyone confirm my suspicion?
>
> Yes, most monsters heal (it's part of their stats).  If there are no
> players on a map, the server will only process the monsters on it for
> a few seconds more, though.  (This is configurable by the admin.)  So
> running out will help.

 This depends entire on the monster and how much damage you do.  IF the map
timeout is pretty high, it can be quite reasonable for a monster to heal all
the damage you did to it before the map swaps out.  If the map time is very
short, this is less likely.

 Note that everything on the map still goes until it is swapped out.  So
generators will still crank out monsters.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com