Re: CF: cult monsters and difficulty?

>>>>[From Scott Wedel]
    As for exp, I think the exp of a summoned monster should be SUBTRACTED
    from the summoner when it is killed.  If you summon a monster then you
    should protect it and let it return unharmed.

personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with the idea that someone
should be able to summon a beastie, kill it, and then get experience for
it.

Perhaps the real problem, is that you are allowed to summon something that
is so powerful that you get decent experience from killing it.

Have a limit that you cannot summon monsters that have more exp than
playerexp/10

or some other factor.

And, make it so that learnable (memorizable) summon spells have that
limitation, but a scroll of summon XXX does not have a limit.
Nice one-shot rare things that might kill you if you're not careful ;-)