Re: CF: cult monsters and difficulty?

Scott Wedel (swedel@Tymnet.COM) wrote:

> As for exp, I think the exp of a summoned monster should be SUBTRACTED
> from the summoner when it is killed.  If you summon a monster then you
> should protect it and let it return unharmed.

Hm... do they return at all?

> Or maybe the EXP for a summoned monster should be subtracted when the
> spell is cast and gets the exp back when summoned monster is returned
> to home plane.  And summoner gets no exp for killing a monster he
> summoned.

Hm.. I think we tried that, long ago. IIRC we didn't get any exp,
even if one player summoned stuff and another player killed it.

>  So then spell caster deserves exp for the actions of
> the summoned monster(s), but can lose exp if he summons monsters that
> get killed (or at least that don't kill much before getting killed).

Including avatars and holy servants? I recently started a newbie
character on another server (i.e. no equipment...), so now I have some
more up-to-date newbie experience -:) We have used avatars and holy
servants to get wisdom exp, but for some monsters you need a couple
of avatars to get them killed. Holy servants are much weaker...

> That way summoning very powerful monsters no longer is a way to get
> easy exp since currently if some get killed then you just summon some
> more.

Can you summon powerful monsters (other than your avatar) when you
only have low experience? Also, pets are quite useless because they
seem to stand around you, instead of going for the monsters...  which
makes them only useful when you try to pick up things that you can't
reach. However, you to kill them to get at your stuff...  Anyway,
since since you can't control them, they are too stupid to survive
long enough to actually kill something. So please try to be careful
with negative experience...

Christian

--
Christian (Icho/Gandhi/Ribald @sunbroy53.informatik.tu-muenchen.de, 13325)