Re: CF: Invisible objects

On Jan 8, 10:46am, Peter Mardahl wrote:
> Subject: Re: CF: Invisible objects
> > Hi,
>
> > Since a couple of abuses were fixed in 0.93.7, here is another one:
> > 'invoke create food of mandrake_root
> > creates 363 mandrake roots --- with charisma 20 these are worth 5807
> > platinum coins... suggestion: implement a "create money" prayer -:)
>
> Ow.  I'll fix this one.  The create food spell was mine to begin with.
> Back then, there was no such thing as a mandrake_root.
>
> I intend to fix it by having created food be of nominal value.

 It might be more reasonable to check the value of the created food,and only
allow low value food to be created.  Otherwise, it might become trivial to
create special ingrediants needed for various alchemy formulas.

> I don't quite understand why you need two additional players?  The
> fireborn's head exploding kills the electric dragon?  Create bomb will
> kill electric dragons too, so I'm not so sure transferrence/exploding
> to kill an electric dragon counts as an "abuse".

 It is the fireborns head that creates the fireball that kills the dragon.  I
believe the 'abuse' here is that you can switch your skill to something else
before the actual spell goes off, and thus get what should be magic exp into
another category.  Since the amount of exp awarded is also based on the level
of that category I think, you can effectively get more exp for killing a
monster if you switch to a experience category in which your level is low (and
this would also make it easy to gain exp in some categories that are presently
pretty tough to do so.)

 However, my initial thought is that transferrance wouldn't be the only spell
with this problem (although, maybe it is by the way it gets casts).  My thought
might be any spell which has a delayed reaction before going off might be able
to get fooled in that way.

--

-- Mark Wedel
mark@pyramid.com