Re: [TCLUG:17041] <OT:anti-M$> *scary* stuff...

I don't think I worked my old NT machine too hard, and it had all sorts
of problems.  All of the hardware was certified to work with NT (P-Pro
200, 128MB RAM and now a K6-2/350/256MB RAM) seagate hard drives,
adaptec controllers, etc.  It blew up on a regular basis.  I had to
reboot it every friday afternoon before I left for the weekend so I
wouldn't have to go in on Sat|Sun and reboot it.  All this machine did
was serve 1000-2000 web hits/day for some websites.  IIS always bought
the farm and brought the rest of the machine down with it in a fantastic
burning fury.

A suggestion while we're on the subject.  This has served me well in the
past.  Get the NT Res Kit, you get the shutdown command (so you can
shutdown from the command line).  Setup an at job to run shutdown at
3:00am nightly.  Get a grounded outlet timer (RS 63 series), set it to
turn off at 3:10 and on at 3:15.  It's the only way to colo NT!