Re: [TCLUG:17072] Thoughts about 'scary stuff'

I am religious bigot. That is why I joined a _linux_ mail list.

Please, I don't hop out on the mailing list to gush over how "happy" and
"cheery" and "free" Linux makes me feel. I might suggest medication to
those who make a habit of it, though.

You may be right about the crud, we shall see, but I bet I won't be
forced to install it. I'll probably get to choose what I install.

I agree, a negative focus can be bad, but there is just so much
negative.

I don't like it when people discuss technical Windows centric stuff (at
length) here (because of the _linux_ email list thing again). I don't
know how much Windows tech knowledge people have on this list, mostly
because they don't discuss it too deeply and because most members remain
silent. I don't know how you can make such a generalization with so
little evidence.

I would like it if some people were less concerned with the "image" of
the mailing list and maintaining apearances. I don't want to consider
"what would a newbie think about this" whenever I set my fingers to
keyboard.

I don't mind if people voice their frustration with this or that
product, especially when they mention in the subject that what they
discuss is off-topic (OT).

--

The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in
their