From: John R. Sheets [mailto:dusk@ravendusk.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 3:24 PM
To: tclug-list@mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:17041] <OT:anti-M$> *scary* stuff...

On Tuesday, May 02, 2000, Clay Fandre <cfandre@cfsmo.honeywell.com> wrote:

> I suppose you can have a Micro$$$$$$$oft box running for a few years if
> it doesn't do anything. But from experience, (we have around 15 NT
> boxes) and they all leak memory like a sieve.

Heheh....even if you _could_, you can't.  Microsoft Knowledge Base
article Q216641 points out that after 49.7 days of continuous operation,
your Windows box can spontaneously hang.  I've always found it amusing
that it took so long to notice this bug.  I assume it's fixed in W2k.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q216/6/41.ASP

> Please excuse my keyboard. It tends to stick sometimes.

(c:  Mine to.

John

--
dusk@ravendusk.org                                http://www.gnome.org