RE: [TCLUG:17041] <OT:anti-M$> *scary* stuff...

On Wed, 3 May 2000, LaBerge, Matthew wrote:

> Run Win98se on my home PC (AMD 450) and it's been up for 3 months straight
> now with no crashes, or hangups.  But on a side note I don't understand why
> you people avoid rebooting like the plague, someone enlighten me.

A running operating system doesn't require rebooting.  It should trap
errors and keep working.  You only have to reboot when it stops
working.  Rebooting an OS is kind of like flushing all the gas, oil, and
water every time you come to a stop sign.  It's not that we avoid it --
sometimes things break so badly that you have to.  But you shouldn't have
to.

Phil M

--
Lottery:    a tax on people who are bad at math