RE: [TCLUG:17130] Dreamweaver (was: <OT:anti-M$> *scary* stuff...)

	I know, I was being fecious.  I have to run it here at work.  It is
cool for static, pages, but it doesn't know much about dynamic stuff which
makes it a bit frustrating.  It's also a resource hog.  With Dreamweaver and
Outlook opened here at work, my machine is SLOW!

	Actually, I was hoping you would separate what you run concurrently
on your Linux box and what you run on you Windows box to push it.

> isn't good enough for Dreamweaver, although you
> could certainly run it under VMWare.
>
> Also, I can't say I've had your problem with Dreamweaver -
> but I'm a pretty anti-frames kinda guy, so I've never worked
> with frames in Dreamweaver.

	I am too, but my boss has shown me that frames are the way to go for
this project.

> But what you see as my applications are why I run Windows
> on my main desktop:

	I can see why.  If your OS doesn't run the apps you need, then run
the proper OS.  That seems pretty reasonable.

> Photoshop (GIMP is good, but it's not Photoshop, maybe in
> a few years - GIMP is also held back by some weaknesses
> in X)
>
> Dreamweaver (I don't know any WYSIWYG editors for Linux,
> and certainly none that are as delicious as Dreamweaver)

	StarOffice seems pretty decent.  Amaya, seems good too.