linux apps was: RE: [TCLUG:17130] Dreamweaver

>I guess I'm very un-Stallman-like that way.  I'm sure he'd
>probably be upset with me.  :P  What do all you think?

I'm inclined to agree with you. I've used Windows for a couple years longer
than I've wanted to, because of the Agent mailer/newsreader. it's only
recently that we're seeing programs nearly as good, available for Linux. (or
been able to run them under WINE or VMware).

I'm on the development list for a newsreader called Pan (www.superpimp.org),
which is looking to duplicate and exceed Agent. I'm only contributing
suggestions and bug reports so far; but I'm trying to do my part for a
project that I think is useful. :)

I'd use Mutt for my mailer; but there are still some configuration questions
I have.. like how do I set my "From:" address? I log on to my machine with a
different name from my e-mail address; and I would like Mutt and Sendmail to
rewrite that, so outgoing mail appears to come from my e-mail address.
        can I do that with an alias in a table? or do I have to write a
sendmail rule or something?

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator    307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA	        Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com      (763) 682-1091