Re: [TCLUG:17203] linux apps was: RE: [TCLUG:17130] Dreamweaver

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 09:26:36AM -0700, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> I'd use Mutt for my mailer; but there are still some configuration questions
> I have.. like how do I set my "From:" address? I log on to my machine with a
> different name from my e-mail address; and I would like Mutt and Sendmail to
> rewrite that, so outgoing mail appears to come from my e-mail address.
>         can I do that with an alias in a table? or do I have to write a
> sendmail rule or something?

That's an MTA issue.  Your MUA only has control over the 'reply-to'
headers and the like.  The actual 'from' is out of it's control.  I could
tell you how to do it in about 3 seconds with qmail...

Ben

--
Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana.
First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the