Re: [TCLUG:17206] mutt was: Re: [TCLUG:17203] linux apps was: RE: [TCLUG:17130] Dreamweaver

On Thu, May 04, 2000 at 09:48:19AM -0700, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> >That's an MTA issue.  Your MUA only has control over the 'reply-to'
> >headers and the like.  The actual 'from' is out of it's control.  I could
> >tell you how to do it in about 3 seconds with qmail...
>
> actually, not entirely; because I can rewrite my "From:" address in mutt by
> hand, each time I send a message (and it works). I want that done
> automatically.

There are two 'From' headers.  The one that mailling lists and the like
care about is the 'From ' (no colon) at the very top.  This is created by
your MTA and generally contains the FQDN of the originating server.  The
one you are talking about is the "From: " header which is under MTA
control.

Ben

--
Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana.
First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the