"Web Architecture"

Greetings, all.  I have to do some research on where "web architecture"
is headed in 5 years.

In addition to opinions on where "web architecture" will be headed in five
years, some ideas on what "web architecture" _actually is_ would be
appreciated.  I've come up with (so far):

Protocols (HTTP, NNTP, POP3, IMAP)
Server Systems (Web appliances, Vendors)
Browsers (IE, Netscape/Mozilla)
Communication Tools (Instant Messaging, e-mail)
Server Applications (Apache/IIS/Enterprise Server)

Any further ideas/comments would be appreciated.  And I've got to try
to make this exciting, so speculation on cool things coming up the pipe
would be appreciated.

Nick