Re: [TCLUG:18310] Mandrake and eOne

> I haven't been able to access my cdrom drive. I/O error

Odd, let's assume that the dirve isn't scsi and isn't on a propariry
interface.
Since your hard drive is hda, hdb, hdc, or hdd are your canidates. I'd
try mounting /dev/hdc first, then hdb, and hdd if all that fails.

If still nothing...it might be an icky propitary drive but that doesn't
seem likely in a "modern" computer like an eMachine.

Did you remember to mount your cd?
mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | "Reality is merely an illusion,