56k modem

Well, I just moved out of the dorms and am at home sweet home..
Unfortunately, the speed of the Internet has dwindled 600-fold.. (ok,
maybe not _that_ much..)

Anyway, I was thinking of getting a 56k modem (not that it would
necessarily work fully, I just want to upgrade my 14.4)  Does anyone
have a suggestion for a particular board or brand?  I've traditionally
had Zoom modems, and US Robotics scares me.. :) (I've heard _way_ too
many bad things about them..)  My ISP seems to currently support X2, but
they recently merged with another ISP who apparently push the K56..
Hopefully I won't have to care any more when these guys upgrade to v.90

Oh yeah, it has to work in Linux (duh)

Thanks a bunch,

Mike Hicks
--
Linux: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste