gtkicq and resources

Is anyone using gtkicq? I've got it working, but it is a HUGE memory hog
in chat sessions. I have 32meg ram and when running one chat session, it
took 66% of my memory and brought redraws down to a crawl. Anyone else
have this problem / is this normal? The java version takes more resources
when just running, but at least it doesn't snowball in chat sessions.

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

Our system [is] of checks and balances - you send a check and the balance tilts
your way.   -- Greg Lucas ("California Insider")