Re: [TCLUG:2403] gtkicq and resources

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Ben Luey wrote:

> Is anyone using gtkicq? I've got it working, but it is a HUGE memory hog
> in chat sessions. I have 32meg ram and when running one chat session, it
> took 66% of my memory and brought redraws down to a crawl. Anyone else
> have this problem / is this normal? The java version takes more resources
> when just running, but at least it doesn't snowball in chat sessions.

I've tried gtkicq and I didn't like it. I don't know about the resource
hog part but it didn't seem to work very well for me, crashed a lot didn't
want to save my contact list and other stupid things. Try out licq (can be
found on freshmeat) I'm using it now and have been very happy with it.

Hans

--
Hans D Umhoefer (spudling@acm.cs.umn.edu)