Vanilla Clients Maling Clients Archive

RE: [VANILLA-CLIENTS:16] RES-RSA 2.9 for Netrek clients and servers, U.S. version

> The package is available at
>
>  http://cow.netrek.org/contrib/res-rsa-2.9.tar.gz
>
> >This software is protected by U.S. export restrictions on encryption
> >technology.  The RSA algorithm is patented by RSA Laboratories.  Note
> >that RES-RSA was written specifically for Netrek with permission from
> >RSA Labs.  See the LICENSE file for details.
>
>  This version is not protected by any law, as long you are using it
>  outside of U.S. ;-)

Oh, I also was able to recompile the client using the output and the RSA
stuff worked.

 I'm going to go back and recompile GMP.  The GMP 2.0 stuff has, I think,
better support for Win32.  For instance with the 1.3.2 stuff I had to rename
the pow() function to mpow() in order to get around the fact that there
already existed a pow() function... Anyway it's a major kludge. :)

 Ok, so what are the rules as far as as US citizen types utilizing this
code?  Are we breaking any laws?  Will I end up in jail?

Steve