[VANILLA-L:761] problem compiling server 2.7p17

	I'm trying to compile the Vanilla server source on a PowerPC
running RedHat 4.2 (unsupported, but still under development!).
	I am getting the following error:

gcc -O        -o ntserv   cluecheck.o  coup.o  data.o  death.o  detonate.o
enter.o findslot.o  getentry.o  getname.o  getship.o  input.o interface.o
main.o  orbit.o  phaser.o  plasma.o  redraw.o reserved.o  sintab.o
socket.o  smessage.o  startrobot.o sysdefaults.o  timecheck.o  torp.o
util.o  warning.o   ping.o  getpath.o  features.o distress.o transwarp.o
gencmds.o ntscmds.o openmem.o feature.o queue.o slotmaint.o    -lnsl -lbsd
-lm
getname.o: In function `handleLogin':
getname.o(.text+0x420): undefined reference to `crypt'
getname.o(.text+0x548): undefined reference to `crypt'
make[1]: *** [ntserv] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/netrek/Server/ntserv'
make: *** [server] Error 2

	At first, I checked getname.c, and found that there was a function
declaration for crypt, but isn't this already declared in unistd.h???  So
I commented that line out.
	However, it still gives me that error (see above).  So, I figure
since it's trying to link, I'm probably missing some library?  Otherwise,
it's in reference to something in the res-rsa package, we I still haven't
received the key for.  Any ideas (I'm sure I'll have to start by removing
the comments around that function declaration in getname.c!)?  I made sure
that all three libraries referenced on that gcc command line are present,
and they are; so????

Thanks,
Mark
+