[VANILLA-L:760] Re: [VANILLA-L:754] Re: [VANILLA-L:753] Re: [VANILLA-L:752] xsg

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Quoting Alec Habig (habig@budoe.bu.edu):
> > Bob Tanner writes:
> > > What port does xsg run on?
> >
> > No port - it's just an X interface into the shared memory segment.
>
> hmm. Well, the continuum is expirencing what I can only say is a
> hacked account. I have gotten several complaints of people getting
> eject and nuked. I have personally seen people switch races in the
> middle of a game. So, I think someone has hacked netrek's account.
> They are either have access to xsg or xtkill and messing around.
>
> Any want to log if xsg or xtkill has attached to the shared
> memory segment?
>
> I'd like to stop whoever is doing this and chaning netrek account
> password did not do the trick.

There might be 2 reasons this can happen happens.
In the ~/bin/.ports you might enable the God queue to the public, I don't
know what it does but see too this is comented out.

Seconds and the most propebly, is the players who is complaining only
newbies who don't know how to read and is either nuked/ejected for now
answering the cluechecks or ejected by other teammembers ?

/Mikael

+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++