Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Vanilla 2.9pl4 Released (plus Red Hat Packages)

Needed to do this release to synchronise preparation of Red Hat
packages, which I would also like tested.

ftp://ftp.netrek.org/incoming/Vanilla-2.9pl4.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.real-time.com/pub/Incoming/Vanilla-2.9pl4.tar.gz

md5sum 4a17ff6fdc665e25da21cff572fe416e  Vanilla-2.9pl4.tar.gz

I haven't generated the detailed change summary yet.

Five Red Hat packages are on http://quozl.us.netrek.org/RPMS/ so that we
can get this tested.  Those with Red Hat Intel systems are asked to try
it out.  I've tested them on V6.1.

The packages are;

	netrek-client	COW 3.00pl1 binary
	netrek-sounds	Sounds and bgsndplay (required libmediatool)
	netrek-pixmaps  Pixmaps tree for the neat graphics

	netrek-server	Vanilla 2.9pl4 Server
	netrek-config	Vanilla 2.9pl4 GUI "gum"

I have not been able to test sound.  Last time someone tested it, they
said it sounded wrong.  No idea why.

Irrelevancies ...

ftp://ftp.netrek.org/incoming/ was painful, had to log in within just
fifteen seconds, impractical from downunder.

ftp://bigbang.astro.indiana.edu/incoming/ was not available, permission
denied on PUT.  I think that archive went away didn't it?

--
James Cameron   mailto:quozl@us.netrek.org   http://quozl.us.netrek.org/