Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2785] Vanilla 2.9pl4 Released (plus Red Hat Packages)

The server RPM seems to require redhat release > 5.9.  I use 5.2 so I
can't test it for you.  I ignored the config RPM.

The client RPM installs fine.  Installing and erasing the pixmaps RPM had
the expected effect.  The sounds RPM wouldn't install:  I don't have sound
on my linux box.  I was happy that rpm caught the failed dependencies.

The only file I wonder about is

	/usr/share/gnome/apps/Games/cow.desktop

I assume this fiddles with the gnome equivalent of the windows start menu.
Do other RPMS fiddle with gnome in this way?  I'd avoid doing it unless
its common practice.  I don't use gnome so I can't tell you whether the
muddling even worked.

-dave