Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:3228] ping

G'day Ron,

I'm the vanilla source dictator.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 10:38:08AM -0600, ronbarry@es.com wrote:
> I have been considering getting some mods done to the netrek server for
> a number of years, but have not had the time until now.  I grabbed the
> source today and found that the most recent entry in the changelog was
> almost two years ago... not promising.

Where did you get this old source from?
We should fix it if we can.

> The fact that there have been no messages all weekend is equally
> disappointing.

Most development happens in vanilla-devel, and vanilla-list is for
the higher level discussions.

> So this message is simply to find out if there is still any work going
> on in the netrek world.  The fact that nobody I have spoken to about
> the game in years has indicated that they know anything about it has
> been unencouraging to say the least.

Development is continuing.  In fact, I made some changes myself last
Friday, which have been committed to CVS.

Have a look at http://vanilla.netrek.org/ please.

--
James Cameron    mailto:quozl@us.netrek.org     http://quozl.netrek.org/