Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2949] Netrek announced on Freshmeat

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Dave Ahn wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 06:44:35PM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> > Quoting Dave Ahn (ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu):
> > >
> > > Geez, just when we're in the middle of moving some of our services.  This
> > > should be fun.
> > >

> > Who is this guy and why did he jump the gun?
>
> No clue, but I'm going to add a comment to it.

Caldera is going to have their IPO soon.  If they do what VA did, they will
let people who have submited apps to freashmeat in on it .  For VA, that was
worth about $17,000 if you sold on the first day.  Caldera won't do nearly as
well, but it will almost certainly be worth something.  Probably just someone
announcing other people's code to get credit for it.  Happened to me before.