Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2949] Netrek announced on Freshmeat

On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 05:01:23PM -0800, Trent Piepho wrote:

> Caldera is going to have their IPO soon.  If they do what VA did, they will
> let people who have submited apps to freashmeat in on it .  For VA, that was
> worth about $17,000 if you sold on the first day.  Caldera won't do nearly as
> well, but it will almost certainly be worth something.  Probably just someone
> announcing other people's code to get credit for it.  Happened to me before.

That's pretty funny.  Actually, for VA, that was a net $41,800 if you sold
all 140 shares at the opening price of $320.

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2