[VANILLA-L:1430] Re: [VANILLA-L:1429] Re: [VANILLA-L:1427] Re: VANILLA2.9

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Quoting Jeffrey Nowakowski (jeffno@ccs.neu.edu):
> > James Cameron <cameron@stl.dec.com> wrote:
> >
> > > However there are lots of clueless players out there with WinCOW clients
> > > that we might lose if we do that ... and since the current push is for
> > > more players, I think we should pander to the broken clients.
> >
> > One of the reasons why I think the default should be 10 is because of
> > the push for new players.  The game just looks so much better at 10.
> > Just for completeness' sake, could we see the proposed patch, Mikael?
>
> I totally disagree here. I think 10 updates is terrible. I thought
> this was all talked out that it would be configurable.

It is configurable from .sysdef either way you do it.
My old hack was pretty easy. It replaced the check for SB with an
check on an external int read from the .sysdef.
Two files needed the change ntserv/enter.c and ntserv/socket.c and the
reading of the external int was in sysdefaults.c I think.

I though my way maid it possible to controll it from the clientsrcfile, I
was wrong. The diffrence as I see it now are that my way allows 10 updates
but must be set from the client, startingdeafault is 5.

/Mikael

+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++