[VANILLA-L:1437] Re: [VANILLA-L:1436] Re: [VANILLA-L:1432] Re: VANILLA2.9

On Mon, Feb 15, 1999 at 12:14:49AM -0600, Bob Tanner wrote:
> Quoting Jeffrey Nowakowski (jeffno@ccs.neu.edu):
> > Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I totally disagree here. I think 10 updates is terrible.
> >
> > Care to say why?  And why are we now defaulting to 5 again after
> > deciding to go to 10?
>
> Personally:
> If you learn on 5, played on 5 and then switch to 10 it throws your
> timing off.

I learned on 5 and played on 5 for 10 years.  It took me about 2 games
to get used to 10.  Get over it.

> As a server admin:
> This whole 10 vs 5 thing makes a "support" headache. You get the
> people who think your server is "broken" because it can/cannot do 10
> updates. And you get hostile email about having/not having 10 updates.

Then go to 10 updates.

> That is why I think the 10 updates is terrible. But if the netrek
> community thinks 10 updates is the future then we need to take the
> necessary steps to support it, both server and client sides.

What part of the community do you hear saying 5 updates is the
future?
 -Tom
+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++