[VANILLA-L:1446] Re: [VANILLA-L:1437] Re: [VANILLA-L:1436] Re: [VANILLA-L:1432] Re: VANILLA2.9

> > Personally:
> > If you learn on 5, played on 5 and then switch to 10 it throws your
> > timing off.

I've found that it's easy to go from 5->10 but not from 10->5.  To tell
you the truth, 10 almost feels borgish because it (seems) so much easier
to dodge torps and lock phasers at so many updates.  I prefer 5 due to
my TCP only connection, but I think 10 is a welcome change.

I'm curious as to how much "better" 20 u/s would be.  In this day of
modem connections and bad packet loss, I think a revision to SP to be
more tolerant of high loss and/or stddev might be a good project even
at 10 u/s.  As I recall, there is a much more robust network code in
the nbr server...maybe some of that can transfer over to the Vanilla
server.

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2
+