Re: (ASCEND) Ap36 release notes page v.

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Jason Nealis wrote:

  :
  :  What I have seen is this :
  :
  :  After the NVRAM is performed the box of course resets, After finishing
  : the self-test the box will come back up for approx 10 seconds, Your able
  : to telnet to it, etc.. Then the box resets again.
  :

Well, I just upgraded my second and remaining 4048, and I got the same
results as I did before.  It only reset once after the nvramclear.  I
waited 4 minutes before I gave up.  (yes, I am using fsave before starting
the upgrade)

After it resets, it gives the usual "Self-Test Passed -- Press any key".
It then gives the "Edit line config before dialing -- Press andy key". It
then starts up with default values.  You can't telnet to it, becuase the
ethernet is configured to default.  I waited 4 minutes and gave up.  I
tried nvramclear a second time without pressing any key when the self-test
passed, and that still didn't reset a second time.  I had to restore the
config using System->Sys Diag->Restore Cfg.

I dunno.....
It works okay the way I'm doing it.  I just have to hurry through the
config to get the passwords setup again.

- Del