Re: (ASCEND) Re: Maxes and Bitsurfer Pro

Well all has been taken care of. First I tried a Pipeline 15. That didn't
work, they even sent me a used one by mistake. Now I have a Pipeline
25PX. This thing is great. The book is the pits and so is the
configurator but once you get it going it works great. Bonding and all
brings up the second channel and releases it. Also PacBell fixed the
Centrex service yesterday. So all is well in LemooreNet land. Thanks to
everyone for all the help and advice. That goes double for Luke Parrish.

Bennie

>>>From: Luke Parrish <lparrish@iAmerica.net>
>>>
>>>Well, I let Bennie dial into one of my MAX's with a test account I setup
>>>for him, and no luck. I have 100 or so users dialing into these boxes with
>>>bitsurfers and holding 2 channels no problem. I am guessing that it is
>>>either a problem with the BRI, the Mac, or the Bitsurfer itself....
>>>
>>>let me know if I can be of anymore help....
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>luke
>>>
>>From: Bennie Warren <bennie@lemoorenet.com>
>>
>>Thanks for the help. I will be calling PacBell in the morning. I should
>>recieve a Pipeline 15 tomorrow and that should tell the story.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Bennie
>
>We've been told by Ascend that the Pipeline 15 currently doesn't support
>two-channel connections on a Mac, so I'm afraid that getting a P15 _won't_
>tell the story. :-(
>
>However, we have multiple clients using Macintoshes and BitSurfr Pro's with
>two-channel connections. It can be done.
>
>Seeing as Luke kindly gave you an account, I'd suggest getting it working
>on his known-good setup first, then deal with your own Maxen.
>
>Mac suggestions: run at least System 7.6.1, Open Transport 1.1.2. Try
>FreePPP or OT/PPP.
>
>Peter Lalor
>Infoasis
>plalor@infoasis.com