Re: (ASCEND) 56K Modem Throughput Degradation

At 02:29 AM 5/31/97 -0400, Jason Nealis wrote:

>I saw the same. Then I spoke with rockwell, And they informed me
>that there was an actual new 56K card that was out that
>addressed this, I got my hands on a newer K56 card and the disconnects
>went away. kevin can probably expand more on this.
>
>kevin?

After having this issue brought to our attention, we have been working
in the LAB on understanding the problems. We have NOT seen any such
degradation, or disconnect issues since the official release of the
K56flex modem codes. But, we will be investigating this further and
provide updates as we discover more on the issues.

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service