Re: (ASCEND) Where is tak.m40?

At 11:56 AM 5/16/97 -0700, Richard Johnsson wrote:
>I just received my brand new Max4002 and K56flex modem card. The box, of
>course, came with 5.0Ap1 which doesn't recognize the modem card.

The current *shipping* software for the MAX4002 is 5.0Ap1. When k56flex
cards are shipped *WITH* the unit it is shipped with 5.0Ap7.

>Knowing that the K56flex code was just released recently, I went looking
>for the  right file. I need IP, AppleTalk and K56flex. I found tam.m40 (Max
>4002/4  T1/PRI w/ RIP/IPX/Appletalk & DM-12 support) in both 5.0Ap7 and
>5.0Ai10, but no tak.m40! In fact I didn't see any "ak" files. Please tell
>me this is just an oversight and not a fundamental conflict like AppleTalk
>and OSPF.

There will be an AppleTalk and K56flex load available, but it was not
available
at the time these releases have been cut.

>Please tell me where to find the right software version since my brand new
>toy is useless to me without it and I'll have to return it and find
>something else to play with.

I will post to the usergroup as soon as I know when to expect it.

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service