(ASCEND) Max disconnects itself - normal ?

Hi,

our Max calls a customer constantly but doesn't get a connection.
I did some D channel analysis and found the following (interesting)
game:

XMIT:
    <Bearer Capability, cap Unrestricted digital, mode circuit, rate 64 kbps>
    <Channel ident, PRI/other, preferred, B channel units, channel #01>
    <Called party number, type Unknown, plan Unknown, # 0352XXXXXX
    <Sending complete>

RCV:
    <Channel ident, PRI/other, exclusive, B channel units, channel #01>

<for some seconds nothing happens>

XMIT:
    <Cause, loc U, code 10 (16)>

RCV:

XMIT:
    <Cause, loc U, code 60 (96)>

The Max obviously disconnects the call it placed some time before by it-
self, and with cause 16 (Normal call clearing). IMHO this is weird. If
there really is a timeout because no answer is received for some time,
the Max should disconnect (if at all) using cause 102 (timer expiry),
but even that is suspicious - usually the Network will disconnect the
call sooner or later by itself. After disconnecting, the Max gets a
RELEASE without a cause, which causes the Max to respond with RELEASE
COMPLETE and cause 96 (mandatory information element missing).
After this, the game starts from the beginning.

Can anyone interpret this ? Is it a normal feature of the Max to dis-
connect its own calls during establishement ? Ah yep, there is no need
for preemption on this PRI, plenty Bs are free.

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |