Re: (ASCEND) E1 pricing

On 03 Oct 97 10:58:29 -0400
 Justus.MOMANYI@sb.com wrote:

Hmm, I wouldn't like to comment on BT prices, however you might want
to talk to some of other telcos in the UK.

Where abouts do you want this line to terminate?

>      This might be a little off topic but I will ask it anyway!
>
>      I am installing an E1 for a MAX4000 in the UK. I got the following
>      pricing when I called BT.
>
>      -------
>      _3750.00 for installation of a 2Mbit line if one does not exist.
>
>      _1875.00 for installation and configuration of the 30 channels.
>      Some can be used as ISDN and others as modem lines.
>
>      _1125.00 rental per quarter.
>
>      --------
>
>      Being in the U.S. , I have no idea if this is reasonable or not, but
>      the installation and configuration seems a little exorbitant to me.
>      Could someone let me know if the is the going rate for an E1 in the
>      UK.
>
>      -Jman-

Neil J. McRae. Alive and Kicking.       Domino: In the glow of the night.
neil@DOMINO.ORG        NetBSD/sparc: 100% SpF (Solaris protection Factor)
  Free the daemon in your <A HREF="http://www.NetBSD.ORG/">computer!</A>