Re: (ASCEND) strange occasional network lag with MAX 4000

We have a Max running 4.6Ci28.  Our LEC is BellSouth. We have a
single PRI connected to the box.  We are using the free Ascend RADIUS
for authentication for most users.  The RADIUS uses the Unix password
file to authenticate users.

Our MAX correctly logs the CALLED number, but does NOT log the
CALLER'S number.  It does not log it anywhere.  Not in syslog, not
via RADIUS, not in the console screen.

Logically, the Max could not log the CallerID info, if BellSouth does
not present the information via the PRI.  How can I verify that
BellSouth is presenting the information?

--Eric

--
Eric Wieling (eric@ccti.net), Corporate Communications Technology
Sales: 504-585-7303 (sales@ccti.net), Support: 504-525-5449 (support@ccti.net)