Re: (ASCEND) Re: T1 problems with Pipeline 130 and 5.1a

At 18:47 10/08/1997 EDT, Tim Basher wrote:
>> continuously reboot itself until I _physically__removed_ the T1 CSU card from
>> the pipeline's mainboard (which allowed it to boot as a p50) and cleared the

>Good solution - this was quick thinking on your part.  Were you using B8ZS or
>a different encoding with ESF?  Which value of FDL did you select or did you
>actually go through the card-removal/nvram-clear more than once?  How old was
>the P130 (what is the PART NO and REV on the bottom)?

B8ZS/ESF is what I had configured it for,
but it didn't matter if the line was actually connnected.
I went through  [configure][crash][nvram-clear][repeat]
at _least_ 6 times before I found the "FDL" problem

well, It is actually at a remote site so I can't see
the label right now, but it's serial# begins 617xxxx, and
the board itself is stenciled "P50 w/ POTS"
and looks to be exactly the same as the old model p75's

(come to think of it I have a brand new p130 here,
let me take a look...
new unit (P130-UBRI-FT1) has serial number 738xxxx
and labeled externally as PART 0710-0258-002 REV M,
internally looks the same, board label reads
"pipeline 50 isdn u i/f with pots" and says
PART 1100-0276-002 REV A

I'll try to crash it this weekend...

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D