Re: (ASCEND) NetWarp Pro and Linux

On Thu, Oct 16, 1997 at 11:44:27AM -0700, Joseph Hickman wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 tim@nacimiento.com wrote:
>
> > Sorry if this has been asked before ...
> >
> > Does anyone have any information about using the NetWarp 128
> > or NetWarp Pro in a PC running Linux?  Has anyone been able
> > to do it?
>
> Well, I think you can run pnpconfig on there (assuming Slackware 3.2
> [Linux 2.0.30]) which would at least make it detectable by the system.  As
> to whether or not you can actually use it sans Windows, is a matter I have
> no information on.  But, on the bright side, I was able to make my pnp
> sound card recognizable with it, so you should be able to as well.
>
> Ascend, is this possible to run without Win*?

Could anyone who ownes such card look onto the chips they glued onto
it ? As this seems to be a cheap passive card it is somewhat likely
to find the standard chips there - Siemens HSCX and ISAC. If they
are there it is very likely the card either runs with Karsten Keils
"HiSax" driver or making it run is a matter of working out how the
chips are controlled on this card and patching HiSax accordingly.
HiSax supports almost any card with the HSCX/ISAC chipset (hence the
name), and ASND (oops, other thread;) is glueing those chips already
in the BRI Pipes and Maxes - so why not on this card.

--

Kanther-Line: PGP SSH IDEA MD5 GOST RIPE-MD160 3DES RSA FEAL32 RC4

| o |               \\\- Brain Inside -///                   | o |
| o | Andre' Beck (ABPSoft) beck@ibh-dd.de XLink PoP Dresden | o |