Re: (ASCEND) slow throughput Max 4004

We had this problem on a MAX 1800.  Our problem was continuous retrains,
which produced a pattern similar to the one you describe.  When we noticed
that retrains happened on the card level (all connections at once), we
were going to RMA the card.  Then I tried putting the card in a different
slot.  It worked fine after that, even though it had been swapped in and
out of the first slot an uncountable number of times.

If you have a different slot to try, give it a shot.