Re: (ASCEND) Re: sigh (bitching)

On Mon, Oct 20, 1997 at 12:33:53PM -0700, Kevin Smith wrote:
> OK, since others don't have this level of frustration....what could I/we do
> to help ?
> Kevin

Make the email support system work.

I try to use email for questions and problems because I can document the
situation once in writing and can include more info that I could on the
phone. Most of the time I get back a response telling me to call the 800
number and talk to a tech. Of course I can't call the 800 number and talk
to a tech. I have to call, wait on hold, get put in the callback queue,
wait for 2 to 24 hours for a callback from someone who hasn't read my email
and is unfamiliar with the problem (and maybe unfamiliar with the product).
I probably won't be in my office when the callback comes anyway.

I always include my phone number in my messages to support. Why should I
have to call in and wait in order to get a callback? If you need to talk to
me just call!