Re: (ASCEND) NavisAccess: "Uncompiled Trap"

        Donna Hammel (of Ascned) wrote:

>NavisAccess does not generate traps. Traps are sent from the device(s) to
>the Management Station (similar to HPOV), and NavisAccess interprets them
>from the above dot-notation to character (informational) strings.

        Then why the zeroes?  If Navis does not understand the trap,
        it should show the dotted notation, and that dotted notation
        should be something that one can "find" by pouring over the
        mibs.

        I am asking only to gain a better understand of what went
        on here - it was an "interesting" case.

  A ship at dock is certainly safer, but that is not what ships are for.

james fischer                                jfischer@supercollider.com