Re: (ASCEND) NavisAccess: "Uncompiled Trap"

    The fix which Donna suggested also made no changes to the continuous
reception
of the "Uncompiled Trap" messages. I have installed NavisAccess three
times
and have to admit the uninstall process is far from being complete or
clean.
I have to manually disable all the "Navis" services from the control
panel and
I also have to remove the NavisAccess directory expect for one file
which is always
in use.         Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks - Tim

James Fischer wrote:

>         Donna Hammel (of Ascned) wrote:
>
> >NavisAccess does not generate traps. Traps are sent from the
> device(s) to
> >the Management Station (similar to HPOV), and NavisAccess interprets
> them
> >from the above dot-notation to character (informational) strings.
>
>         Then why the zeroes?  If Navis does not understand the trap,
>         it should show the dotted notation, and that dotted notation
>         should be something that one can "find" by pouring over the
>         mibs.
>
>         I am asking only to gain a better understand of what went
>         on here - it was an "interesting" case.
>
>   A ship at dock is certainly safer, but that is not what ships are
> for.
>
> james fischer
> jfischer@supercollider.com
>
> ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
> To unsubscribe: send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
> To get FAQ'd:   <http://www.nealis.net/ascend/faq>

-- Tim Connolly tec@mountain.net     MountainNet, Inc.
-- (800) 444-1458 ext. 37            2816 Cranberry Square
-- fax (304) 594-9088                Morgantown, WV 26505