Re: (ASCEND) MAX Loosing STATIC ROUTES

Hi,

At 12:47 PM 9/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Bill,
>
>I was having a very similar problem, we were routing a /28 to a dialup
>user.  Out of curiosity, do you run OSPF or RIP?

Neither...

> We have been running
>OSPF for a while, and we had to use the static route because one of the
>Max's wasn't announcing that it had a route to this /28, the static route
>fixed this but kept breaking every few days.  Then after a while, I
>removed the static route completely, and the OSPF started announcing the
>route.  Its crazy.

Go figure... :) I have even another strange on for this group about when
the same MAX reboots it can't talk over the frame relay until I change the
/24 to a /18 and then back to a /24 again ... Sheesh :)

Thanks for the input!

Regards,
-bh
CCIS                      * Business Internet Solutions
106 Brandywine Ave.       * Professional WWW Development
Downingtown, PA. 19335    * WWW site hosting
                          * Personal Accounts
                          * Dial up in 215,610,302 Area Codes
                          * LAN to INTERNET Solutions

Tel: 610.518.5700         http://www.chesco.com