Re: (ASCEND) P130 with a SN of 72xxxxx - What is the magic jumper?

At 22:44 1998/08/04 -0400, Brian Pavane wrote:
>Hey,
>
>I had a customer that screwed up an upgrade of his router.  His router is
>limping along now, not even able to connect to the Max on the other side,
>in fact, it's actually rebooting every few minutes claiming it's out of
>memory.  I am going over to this site tommorow AM, and need to know the
>magic jumper so I can get into maintnence mode and do the EF, DF combo.

It is probably "P1" at the front near the LEDs

>Also, is there any site out there with all of these settings, or does
>anyone have a list of "magic jumpers" out there that they'd be willing to
>send me so I can put up a www site of them.

There is an older version at the FAQ site (listed in footer below)
which needs to be updated with info on the P130 and new P50/P75s
(I'm sure Jason Nealis will get around to it once Ascend gives us
 a stable bug free software release, and he has free time again)  ;^)

-Jim H
----
Jim Howard             Sr Network Engineer        Lyceum Internet
jhoward@lyceum.com     http://www.lyceum.com/     404.248.1733

My PGP Public Key: http://www.lyceum.com/~jhoward/pgp-key.txt
Fingerprint: 7E8B E2BA 1314 2535 CB08  CFF9 119B 7CD3 2488 954D