Re: (ASCEND) 6.1.3 Upgrade Problem

> I have taken the big leap from 5 to 6.1.3 on my max 400x's and now I have
> several dedicated connections who cannot stay connected for more than a
> few seconds via ISDN.  Any suggestions?

Sure.

Suggesion One is contact the (US) Ascend Technical Assistance Center (TAC).
Information on how to contact them can be found on the Ascend web site -
http://www.ascend.com/2397.html

If you want to minimize the hassles, then I would recommend you send your
question via e-mail to support@ascend.com.

Make sure you include your model number, serial number, software version
(e.g., "6.1.3"), and software load (e.g., "ftbm.m40") for the MAX.  You
can get these off the equipment.

You will then receive an email response indicating the ticket response
number assigned to your issue.  When you get back your ticket number,
which means that the information is now on hand with customer service,
call them at (800) 272-3634 between 6:00am and 6:00pm PST.  Make sure
you have your ticket number when you call.

If you don't get an email response within an hour - resend the message.
The response is automated and unless there are equipment or network
problems you should have response in less than five minutes.

This reduces the number of exchanges you need to go through with them
and so reduces the time you have spend on the problem - which for busy
people is an important consideration.

Suggestion Two is to check your RADIUS accounting logs to see what is being
reported as the Ascend-Disconnect-Cause and Ascend-Connect-Progress for the
connections.

Suggestion Three is to check your syslog system status messages to see what
"Message Log informational messages" and "Message Log warning messages" are
being reported for the connections.

You will probably want to include the information from Suggestion Two and
Three in your e-mail to the TAC.