Re: (ASCEND) MAX1800 rejects incoming calls

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Dale R. Henninger wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Kevin A. Smith wrote:
>
> > At 09:38 AM 8/10/98 -0700, Geoff White wrote:
> > >
> > >I have a MAX 1800 running 6.0.0 with 4 BRIs (5 ESS switch with Hational
> > >ISDN).
> > >
> > >I can place outgoing calls just fine, but I can't receive any incomming
> > >calls, the
> > >show isdn 1
> > >shows...
> > >NL: CALL REJECTED/OTHER DEST: 8127868
> > >
> > >where 8127868 is the first number in the hunt group (the number people
> > >dial into),  When I put a pipeline 85 on the same line(s) they are able to
> > >receive calls just fine. I've poured over the configuration over and over
> > >and, to the best of my knowledge, my config is the same as my own Max here
> > >at v-site which has been operating for years, the differences are that the
> > >v-site MAX is running 6.0.4+ and operating off of a DMS-100 switch
> >
> > As long as this is configured as a hunt-group, the numbers on the MAX for
> > "mynum" on each channel are not needed - and indeed in this scenario will
> > cause problems. Try removing the numbers from the line configurations. DO NOT
> > remove the SPID information however, as that is needed in any case.
> >
> > I think we may still need to investigate further, but this may well fix
> > the problem for now at least.
>
> Here is how you need to have it set up:
>
> Pri Num=6039240
> Pri SPID=61260390161111
> Sec Num=6039240
> Sec SPID=61260390171112
>
> Even though your SPIDs are different, your Pri Num/Sec Num must reflect
> the lead number.
>
> Works great for me...
>
> Dale

NO DICE!

OH and I might add, the MAX answers ANALOG calls just fine (no digital
modems installed) I can call from my analog phone and the Max picks it and
goes to the Answer profile BUT ISDN calls get rejected.

I also noticed in the 10-100 Sys Options window this...
Data Calls...
Not Installed

This doesn't show upon my MAX that works just fine. And I have the full 10
digit phone numbers in the Slots along with the spids.