(ASCEND) Routing Questions

We own a couple of Maxen and I'm in the process of going through
the configurations and fine tuning them.  I have a couple of
routing configuration questions.  The maxen are setup to route IP
and IPX.  We have a class B IP address using subnetting and use
Cicso routers.  They are used for analog and digital dial-in and
I have no nailed connections.  We are using RIP as our routing
protocol.  Below are a few config options that I'm a little
unsure of how to set and what the best options would be.

RIP = recv-v2 (is there any reason I would need to send RIP
updates?)
Private = Yes (is there any reason I would need to advertise the
route?)
Ignore Def. Route = Yes (is there any reason I would need to set
this to No?)

Any information is greatly appreciated!

Maryann Sheehan
SCT Corp.